Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

 
 our pie turned out! whooo!

Meet Christina, she is Taylor's brother Tristan's cute girlfriend, and also an amazing cook! At this precise moment she is making candied walnuts.
Taylor and I also contributed cheese balls, they were off the hook, because we bought them from the grocery store shhh. ( I think it was the only thing that wasn't hand made)

Christina and I made candied yams...

...and put those candied walnuts to good use in a salad.


After dinner we played some 'minute to win it' games. in this game you had to move a cookie from your forehead to your mouth only using your facial muscles. it was so funny to watch! (I was the official timer so I felt very important.)


We had 5 pies (and our banana cream held its own!) and they were all so delicious... So remember how I said that they were all amazing cooks, well Tom Taylor sister Cammi's husband made a pumpkin pie completely from scratch, like with a pumpkin they grew in there garden. yea I wasn't kidding.

And yes I did try every single one. and they were all delicious. don't judge me, its Thanksgiving.

Reese and his mom Cammi ( it was a little rude he was texting his honeys all night, I mean its thanksgiving Reese, its about family put down the phone)

this is Reese about to destroy the cup tower Kaylee built. He is getting so big even sense the last time I saw him, and he starting to talk alot. He is the cutest! (Taylor and I had only been dating a couple months when he was born isn't that crazy!)

 I love this picture even though its blury it shows all the action and fun! 
this makes me wish I had a big family with lots of brothers and sisters.


and after everyone else left I snuck some more pie :)
this was my very first Thanksgiving away from my family which was a little strange, but I was so glad I got to spend it with Taylor's family, they are so awesome and make me feel like part of the family. I love them all and had a GREAT Thanksgiving!

No comments: